When looking for the perfect vintage rug, you’ve probably realized there are endless color and pattern options. It can be overwhelming to try to decide what will work best in your space. Vintage rugs offer both incredible history and beautiful design, and at Esmaili Rugs, we've got a great selection. In this post, we'll explore some of the ways you can use color and pattern in vintage rugs to create a one-of-a-kind look in your home.
What website has cheap rugs?
When it comes to color, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, think about the overall palette of your space. Vintage rugs often have a softer, more muted palette than their contemporary counterparts. This can be a great way to add interest to a room without overwhelming it. If your space is already full of vibrant color(s), selecting a rug with a simpler pattern can be the perfect way to ground the room and pull everything together.
rugs​
We can debate for hours about whether a rug is an accessory to great furniture and design, or as the bona fide statement maker in a room. But two things we can all agree on? You don’t need to spend a ton on a great area rug and shopping online is infinitely easier—no one likes lugging a rolled-up rug around.
Ahead, 13 of our favorite designers and experts chat about where they shop online for affordable rugs from washable styles to vintage finds. Fair warning: some of them will truly surprise you.
1. Rugs USA​
Four of the experts we spoke to cited Rugs USA as their all-time fave. And by substantial, we’re talking about thousands of styles for the living room, hallway, and beyond at a ton of various prices—just make sure to use the search filters to narrow down what you’re looking for. “There is so much variety with its designs, and the prices are pretty affordable," says DIY and lifestyle expert Dalia. "I’m indecisive, so the generous return policy also helps."
It’s also a place where quality and quantity are held in equal regard, according to Erika Ver, a digital creator on Instagram and TikTok. “I haven’t yet encountered a rug that was below my quality standards, and it ships super quickly as well,” she says. “It has a line of affordable washable rugs now, too, which is super helpful for my house of cats and a messy husband!”
Sheila McAdoo of The Radiant Abode appreciates how the mockup feature helps you visualize a rug in your space before making a purchase, while Airbnb host and home Instagrammer Abby Crawford likes how the site's photos frequently show rugs in different rooms, which also comes in handy when thinking about how everything comes together.​